About M.Sc Biology (Hons.) course
This post graduate Biology Hons. degree allow degree holders to pursue a more highly specialized field of study. M.Sc Biology (Hons.) allows a higher degree of specialization than an under graduate degree.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.Sc Biology (Hons.) course is a Graduation degree in Science stream preferably in Biology subject and from a recognized board, college or university.
- Candidates need to hold at least 60% marks in Graduation to apply for M.Sc Biology (Hons.) course.
- They should have completed Graduation in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences. Education must be completed in 10 + 2+ 3 pattern. Final year students can also participate in the selection process.
The minimum duration of B.Sc Biology (Hons.) course is about 2 years which is divided into four semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for B.Sc Biology course
- Candidates who have an interest in the study of living organisms and their properties can opt for this course.
- To pursue this course, candidates should have experimental skills, strong analytical skills and problem solving skills to get full knowledge exposure in the related field.
- In addition, candidates should have good communication skills, teamwork skills, writing and making presentations and those who can do group projects and conducts seminars are suitable for this course.
- They should also have organizational skills, project and time management skills, business awareness, initiative, self reliance and strong interpersonal skills.
Further academic options after B.Sc Biology course
After completion of the course, candidates can go for further higher degree such as M.Phil or Ph.D in Biology course.
Advantages or benefits of M.Sc Biology (Hons.) course
After completion of M.Sc Biology (Hons.) course, one can go for further higher degrees such as M.Phil and Ph.D degree in Botany as well as in Zoology, Bio Technology, Bio Chemistry, Food Science, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, etc. The successful completion of the course makes the candidates eligible for the post of a professor or lecturer in colleges and universities both in private as well as Government sector. Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries, Clinical Research, Public Health and Environmental Protection sectors, Waste Management, etc. are some of the fields where the M.Sc Biology (Hons.) candidates can get job opportunities.
M.Sc. Biology Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Sc. Biology for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Sc. Biology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Sc. Biology