About the course
It is an undergraduate engineering course in the field of Environmental Engineering. In this course, the students study to use various engineering principles to improve the environment and protect it from different kinds of pollution. It involves various techniques used for air pollution control, waste water management, recycling, radiation protection, waste disposal, industrial hygiene and environmental sustainability.
- The basic qualification for pursuing B.Tech Environmental Engineering course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized college or university.
- Some institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission to their B.Tech degree.
The duration of B.Tech Environmental Engineering course is of 4 years divided into eight semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months. Candidates need to pass in each semester to get B.Tech degree on successful completion of this course.
What do students learn in B.Tech Environmental Engineering course
- This course makes the students explain the environmental issues and factors for which topics like air pollution, noise pollution, waste and water management, sewage disposal, etc. are carried out.
- Students learn to develop strategies for disaster management, global warming and climate change. All these topics are covered in this course to build problem solving skills amongst the students which makes them successful and qualified environmental engineers.
- Students learn to make projects and reports on their research work and change then into proposals and ideas that can be highly beneficial for environmental studies.
- They are taught to develop leadership skills for handling team work as they are often required to work in a team of professionals during internship and jobs.
Higher degree programs
Interested candidates can go for further higher degree courses in the related field such as Master's degree, i.e. M.Tech Environmental Engineering and Ph.D degree. They can also do MBA, LLB, etc. Doing specialization in Environmental Law would be a good step for them.
Scope and job opportunities
For B.Tech Environmental Engineering graduates, job opportunities are available in private as well as government sector. They can get jobs in PWD Department, Municipal Corporation, Town Planning Department, Pollution Control Board. NGOs, chemical industries and mining firms also recruit B.Tech Environmental Engineering graduates.
B.Tech. Environmental Engineering Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Tech. Environmental Engineering for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Tech. Environmental Engineering courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Tech. Environmental Engineering