The undergraduate students of B.Sc (ASLP) course learn about the normal aspects and disorders of speech, language and hearing impairment. The students are trained in diagnosis, evaluation, management and treatment of communication disorders.
- The basic qualification required for pursuing B.Sc (ASLP) course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized college or university.
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of SC / ST candidates) in the PCMB group or combinations thereof, in their P.U.C. or qualifying examination are eligible for admission.
- Only those applicants who have studied at least 3 subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Mathematics are eligible for admission.
The duration of pursuing B.Sc (ASLP) course is 3 academic years which is divided into six semesters ( three academic course) in addition to two more years (one academic year) which is of internship.
The training includes theoretical and practical aspects with focus on clinical teaching / learning. The students get hands on experience in dealing with clients under the supervision qualified staff.
Mode of selection
An all India entrance examination is conducted for admission of B.Sc (ASLP) course. All students who are seeking admission to this course will have to write the entrance examination in any of the three subjects out of four i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics which is based on CBSE syllabus of 11th and 12th standard. Admission will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination. The entrance test questions will be multiple choice objection questions. The number of questions to be answered shall be 50 in 50 minutes duration that means one minute for each question.
Who is suitable for B.Sc (ASLP) course
- The course is suitable for those candidates who want to deal with the normal and abnormal aspects of voice, speech and language.
- Those candidates who are interested to study and trained in indentifying individuals with hearing loss are good suit for this course.
Advantages or benefits of B.Sc (ASLP) course
- Candidates can go for higher degrees such as M.Sc ASLP and then for research work.
- They can also go for teaching field as teachers, professor or lecturer in both private ang government schools, colleges and universities.
B.Sc. (ASLP) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc. (ASLP) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc. (ASLP) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc. (ASLP)