About Diploma Nursing course
It is a 12th standard Nursing Diploma course. At large, nursing is considered to be a women's profession, but there are some courses that are open to male candidates as well at the lower level. Basically, taking care of sick people comes under nursing. Under this course, candidates will study subjects such as Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Sociology, Biological Science, Fundamentals of Nursing & First Aid, etc.
- The basic eligibility criteria for doing a diploma course in Nursing is a pass certificate in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination in Science stream.
- One of the other basic requirements for becoming a nurse is that the candidates should either be unmarried or widows, legally separated or divorced.
The duration of Diploma Nursing course is about 3 years with 6 months of internship. Exams are conducted in the first, second & third years.
Admission Process in Diploma Nursing course
Candidates will be selected on the based on the merit of entrance test. Any unoccupied seat will be fulfilled by the next candidates in the merit list. The merit list will be displayed on the notice board of the institute and the candidates must ensure that they check the notice board periodically as no information will be sent or given to the candidates separately.
Rules for admission
- All applicants are required to undergo an aptitude test before taking admission to the Diploma Nursing course.
- Applicants seeking admission to the institute should apply via application form which is available along with the prospectus.
- Admission will be given only on the basis of the candidate's overall performance.
Documents required for admission
- Certificate of the last examination passed along with attested photocopies of mark sheets.
- Date of birth certificate.
- Character certificate from the last institute, school or college.
Career Opportunities in Nursing
With the expansion of health care facilities day by day, the demand for qualified and skilled nurses continue to grow and never diminishes. Apart from jobs in hospitals, old age homes, clinics, orphanages, nursing homes, etc. there is also scope of private practice. With the expansion of training and educational institutions in nursing, the demand for Nursing teachers are also increasing. Candidates who feel that caring for the sick and disabled are their motto of life, they should pursue Diploma Nursing course.
Diploma Nursing Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Nursing for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Nursing courses in your preferred locations.