- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 with Physics, Maths and Chemistrywith at least 50% marks in aggregate from CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) or any equivalent exam conducted by State Government.
- Candidates are eligible to sit for the State or National level entrance examination conducted by various private and public institutions offering this course.
- Candidates belonging to reserved category (SC / ST / OBC) get a relaxation of 5% marks in aggregate.
The minimum duration to complete B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology course is 4 years which is split into 8 semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Each semester has a different set of theoretical and practical based subjects and during the last semester, students are required to do internship and submit project work.
Career possibilities in the field of Ceramics & Cement Technology
Ceramic engineers deals with the study of manufacture, properties, design and application of ceramic materials. Ceramic engineers can find employment in the following sector:
- They can get employment in construction industry.
- They can find work in glass making industry.
- They can work in research and development, specially in the areas of ceramic technology. New glass materials are constantly being developed for use in construction, automobiles, etc.
- They can work as a material engineer. In many projects, where a lot of construction grade glass is used, candidates may be employed as a specialist ceramics engineer.
- Ceramic Engineering graduates can work in the units involved in manufacturing various ceramic wares in the private sector.
- They can also start your own business and become an entrepreneur.
- Ceramic designers use clay and sand for basic ceramic materials while the ceramic technologists use materials that are manufactured by complex chemical process.
- Candidates can also work in sales for understanding customer needs.
- Candidates can also work in testing of ceramics and cement. The samples prepared for production are tested for color, texture, surface finish, strength and uniformity and for the correction of the manufacturing process by engineers in testing laboratories. Even the quality of raw materials is tested before sending it for manufacturing process.
B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Tech Ceramics & Cement Technology