About the course
It is an undergraduate Mechanical Engineering course in Welding Technology. With theory classes and practical workshops, the course curriculum equips the students with all the necessary skills and expertise in welding to establish themselves in this field. It provides them with the necessary understanding of the science behind the welding process and its numerous applications in diverse fields. All aspects of welding training are covered under this Engineering program.
The basic eligibility criteria of pursuing B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech) course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks from a recognized college or university.
Some colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission to their B.E. degree course.
The duration of B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech) course is about 4 years which is divided into eight semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
More about the course
A course in welding trains the students how to join two pieces of metals together through various techniques by the application of heat. It not only trains them on the various welding methods, but also makes them understand about the cutting processes, metallurgy principles, welding inspection, welding codes, fabrication techniques and quality control. Apart from the theoretical teaching, the course program provides them with intensive hands on practical training to master the art of welding.
Who is suitable for B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech) course
- They should have skills like good eye sight and good eye hand coordination.
- They should also possess the ability to climb, bend stoop, patience and work in awkward positions.
- Interested candidates who are willing to go for further higher degree courses such as Master's and then for research work are suitable for this course.
- They should have effective oral communication as they have to communicate with the colleagues during the working hours and course.
Advantages or benefits of B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech) course
- After successful of the course, the students are primarily absorbed as an entry level technician in most of the metal works industries.
- Students learn about welding and joining projects ranging from everyday consumer products to nuclear system and airplanes.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Tech. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech) and then research work.
B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech ) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech ) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech ) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.E. Mechanical Engineering (Welding Tech )