If you want to join a metal manufacturing company, then you would require certain knowledge about the foundry technology. You would have to know how the foundry functions, in order to mold the metal into the required shape. Not every metal could be melted in the same way. Not every metal and its byproduct are malleable or ductile. Casting of iron and steel is a specialization area of most foundries. Another aspect of foundries is the different kinds of furnaces. You must be prepared to work on a furnace before you study this course. In short, you must know all about the production and seasoning of metals and their byproducts before joining a factory. A diploma in foundry technology helps you. You will also be taken to visit actual foundries. You will gather some real life experiences from there. This will help when you are actually on the job.
The basic requirement of this course is that a student must pass the higher secondary degree. There is no restriction upon the marks to be obtained in higher secondary or the stream to be pursued in higher secondary. Nonetheless, it is advisable that the students applying for a diploma course in foundry technology pass from science stream, with Chemistry as one of the subjects. This will help you understand the curriculum of this course better. In fact, students having Chemistry as one of the major subjects will work with metals and its molecular byproducts in higher secondary itself.
- After this course, you can become a design engineer. Your job will be to prepare the diagrams or drafts of the ultimate metal product to be produced in the factory foundry.
- As already mentioned in the previous section that you will be taken to actual foundries, you can become a trainee in such foundries. You will get a monthly stipend to learn the job. After a few months you will be taken as a full time employee.
- After a few years, you can become a floor supervisor. Your job will be to look after the production process of the metals.
- Gradually, you can become a production manager. A lot of floor supervisors will work under you. You will have to prepare comprehensive reports on the production process by gathering information from the floor supervisors.
- If you can increase the production lines of your company, you will become a zonal manager very soon.
Diploma Foundry Technology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Foundry Technology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Foundry Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Foundry Technology