- The basic eligibility criteria required for pursuing M.V.Sc. course is a pass degree in B.V.Sc. course from a recognized Veterinary Council of India with a minimum of 55% marks. Though the percentage of marks may vary depending upon the institute. A minimum passing marks is sufficient for SC / ST candidates.
- For admission to M.V.Sc course, the selection of candidates is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Common Entrance Examination and the examination marks obtained in B.V.Sc. course.
- The minimum age limit required or M.V.Sc. course 20 – 22 years. Some institutes do not have an upper age limit while some keep the age limit as 35 years.
The minimum duration of M.V.Sc. course is about 2 years.
Every student are required to attend all lectures, practical sessions, library work, study tours, extension education visits and meeting with teachers, etc.
Who should opt for M.V.Sc. course
- Those candidates who are animal lovers, who have a genuine love and compassion for animals and those who can read the signs from the animal's behavior and can diagnose the ailment should pursue this course.
- Those who want to specialize in the field of Veterinary Science should go for this course.
- They must be able to work in physical disagreeable conditions or in rural areas for irregular and long working hours and uncomfortable working conditions. They must also be able to handle emergencies.
- They should be skilled enough to understand the problems of animals as they cannot express their pain and problems.
- They should have the ability to put animals at ease, have powers of observation, indifference and adaptability to the conditions of work.
Career and job prospects in M.V.Sc. course
In the recent years, the demand for veterinary doctors has increased and the course offers a large number of aspects of work to the candidates. Government animal husbandry departments, agriculture sector, veterinary hospitals and clinics, poultry farms, all require specialists in this field. From information on animal nutrition and health, scientific breeding, vaccination of animals, one is required everywhere. Veterinarians are employed by various organizations in research and development departments. The scope for veterinarian is bright both in the rural as well as urban areas. Keeping pets are a craze these days, thus resulting to the increased demand for private veterinary hospitals and clinics.
Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.)