After 10th, it is a turning point in the life of a student where he now has the option of moving a step ahead towards his dream career. Parents and students must plan ahead which stream to go for to avoid last minute chaos and trouble.
- The basic qualification required for pursuing HSC Arts course is a pass degree in Matriculation or 10th class from a renowned and reputed school.
- HSC Arts is of 2 years duration, with 1 Major Board Exam at the end of second year HSC or 12th class.
- Students must note that if they choose HSC Arts, they cannot pursue Graduation in Science or Commerce. They can do Graduation only in Arts stream.
- Some paramedical courses have now been open even for Arts students.
- This Arts course has the combination of History, Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Home Science subjects.
Benefits and challenges
- Students get two years to identify their strengths and weaknesses. The students also realize their true potential. During school period, with a lot of spoon feeding and pampering at home, they live in a life of a illusion till they come to college.
- With HSC following the C.B.S.E. syllabus, it will be a very strong foundation for higher education and at the same time challenging for students of the state board.
- HSC has been seen a basic qualification for many jobs.
- In cases, where a students cannot complete Graduation or wants to pursue any distance learning, correspondence course, Diploma course or certification course, having passed HSC is always an added advantage.
Skills and qualities expected by a HSC Arts student
An Arts students need not be creative or artistic. Arts is an area which is full of interesting subjects. The common myth about Arts and Humanities stream parents and students is that it is for less scoring students or who are below average in studies which is completely wrong. The varied subjects in HSC Arts such as History, Geography, Geology, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Home Science, Political Science, etc. are the most interesting ones and are best suited for students having artistic, social, linguistic and interpersonal intelligence. Whatever may be the stream, be it Science, Commerce or Arts, commitment towards the subject and learning is a must. Today, the best lawyers, economists, policy makers, journalists, etc. come from Arts background.
HSC Arts Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for HSC Arts for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering HSC Arts courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for HSC Arts