After 10th, it is a turning point in the life of a student where he now has the option of moving a step ahead towards his dream career.
The basic qualification required for pursuing HSC Science course is a pass degree in Matriculation or 10th class from a renowned and reputed school.
A student must know the following facts before choosing HSC Science course:
- HSC Science course is of 2 years with 1 Major Board Exam at the end of second year HSC or 12th class.
- Every student is required to study 4 core subjects in each branch along with first language English and second language as Hindi / Sanskrit / Urdu / Marathi / Kannada / Tamil / Telugu / Malayalam / French / German / Arabic.
- HSC Science students can choose subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Home Science and Geology.
- If a student doesn't like to study Biology, he can pursue PCMCs (Computer Science), PCME (Electronics) or PCMG (Geology). This makes the student eligible for a career in engineering stream.
- If a student doesn't like to study Mathematics, he can pursue PCBH (Home Science) or PCBS (Statistics). This will make the student eligible for a career in medicine and who finds it difficult to cope up with Mathematics.
If a student selects HSC Science, he has an option to shift to Commerce stream or Arts stream. Like many Science students who score less in HSC and realize that he has made a big mistake by taking up HSC Science stream, then they can shift to courses like B.Com, B.B.A, B.B.M and B.A.
But, if a student chooses Commerce or Arts, then he cannot pursue Graduation in Science.
Benefits and challenges
- Students get two years to identify their strengths and weaknesses. The students also realize their true potential. During school period, with a lot of spoon feeding and pampering at home, they live in a life of a illusion till coming to college.
- With HSC following the C.B.S.E. syllabus, it will be a very strong foundation for higher education and at the same time challenging for students of the state board.
- HSC has been seen a basic qualification for many jobs.
HSC Science Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for HSC Science for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering HSC Science courses in your preferred locations.