An Introduction to the course
Military / Defense studies is known by various names such as military science, defense and strategic studies, war and strategic studies, war and national security studies in the world. There are only a small number of schools and universities in India that offers this program. In this context, a proposal for establishing the Defense University in the country has already been accepted by the Government authorities. It will be a multi disciplinary in the field of education and research on national security issues. Military studies course is a significant academic field as it entails defense and security of the country.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A. Military Studies is a Bachelor's degree in Military / Defense studies from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of M.A. Military Studies course is of 2 years divided into four semesters, with each semester being 6 months.
Some more about the course
The course helps the students in realizing the security and defense matter of the country in a better way. Military studies, war studies, defense studies, strategic studies are currently being taught in a few military colleges and universities. Every citizen should have an overview of defense and security policy of their country and this course nicely serve its purpose.
Career options for M.A. Military Studies course
- Candidates who have passed Master's degree in this subject can begin their career as a lecturer or professor in colleges and universities both in private as well as Government sector.
- One can get jobs at Navy, Indian Army, Air Force, defense journalism, education corps and a lot more fields.
- The students who have passed their postgraduate level in the subject of Military studies can pursue teaching as their profession. They can become lecturer or professor of Military studies.
- The students having passed their postgraduate degree in the subject of Defense studies are directly recruited as Officers in Navy / Army / Air Force / Ground Duty Officers and Education Corps.
- They can also pursue research in a variety of fields including tactical aspects of warfare and international relations. Possessing an acquaintance about military studies can prove to be far better than others in this field.
- Indian Armed Forces have a problem of lack of officers so the students can contribute in a better way by joining Armed forces.
- Competitive examinations by the Public Service Commission (PSC) can be helpful for those candidates who have studied Military / Defense studies.
M.A. Military Studies Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A. Military Studies for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A. Military Studies courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.A. Military Studies