Introduction and Overview of this course
If you want to become travel managers eventually, then you would require a professional course that would groom you in this regard. You should enroll in a course that would also provide you with the knowledge of management of the books of accounts. You must know the techniques to manage logistics while preparing travel packages for clients. This is kept in mind while preparing the course curriculum of a postgraduate diploma in Management in Tourism and Logistics. So this course is ideal for people who are willing to become entrepreneurs in the field of travel and tourism. This postgraduate course will help you learn about the facts those are to be kept in mind while preparing the travel packages. This will also help you in understanding the amount of profit that you can generate from such travel packages and the total time to recover that profit.
Tourism, international as well as domestic, is an important industry for the country. It is a valuable foreign exchange earner as well as at the same time provides for lakhs of employment, directly or indirectly. Many regions and even small states, especially those located in the Himalayan ranges or near to the coast like Goa are almost completely dependent upon tourism. The entire economies in such regions are based on tourism only. But tourism has another aspect too. It involves logistic movements of goods and transportation of tourists in large numbers from one place to another. To sustain the tourism industry, products, goods and merchandises have to be moved at quick notice and with efficiency. A course in tourism and logistics management studies on such aspects.
Eligibility and course duration
Graduation in any field. For institutes like IITTM Odisha, the entrance is through written test, personal interview and group discussion. Selection is on merit. Physically challenged candidates too may apply.
The course is of 2-year duration.
- The students who wish to study this course should complete their graduation prior to this course. There is no restriction over the discipline to be pursued in graduation. Nonetheless, it is advisable that students complete their graduation in BBA or Bachelor's of Business Administration, if they wish to study this postgraduate diploma in the future.
- You can study this course from regular universities or distance education institutes. In the case of the former, you should score a minimum of 55% in order to be eligible for this course. If you are willing to study in a distance education institute, then there is no criterion regarding the marks. The admission is conducted purely on merit basis.
- You can become an intern in a travel and tourism company. Your job will be to collect the data of the tourism company, compile that data and get the relevant information out of it.
- You can also beecome sales inteerns. Your job will be to market about a certain product and gather as many as loyal customers as possible.
- After a few years of experience you can become travel cllerks. You will be worrking in a travel and tourism center. Although you will not prreparre tourism packages, you will have to answer the queries of the clients who have enrolled into the ttourism packages of your company.
- After being around 3-4 years as a travel clerk, you can become travel agents of travel companies.
- After another 10 years of experience, you can open your own travel company.
More about the course
The main idea behind this course in tourism and logistics management is to familiarize the student with the important aspects of the role of logistics in the smooth transitioning and flow of tourists and their travel accessories from one destination to the other. It's important for the tourism sector to address the needs of their customers in this regard, ensuring that the logistics supply chain continues to function smoothly. The tourism industry is not only about hotels and tourist lodges, but is also a lot about transportation of goods and people. Without one complementing the other, both are likely to fail. So the course introduces you to the common links that the tourism sector has with the transporting systems world over. Among the topics that gets focus in this course are- tourism management practices; supply chain management; logistics management; distribution of goods; transportation; problem solving and critical analysis; leadership skills, teamwork and developing communication skills.
Course objective and Scope
The course enables you to understand the principles of supply chain management with respect to the movement of goods, services and tourists on the international and domestic tourism platform. As such you are suitable for any job in the tourism sector that calls for handing-out solutions for issues related to travel and logistic supply chain management. Other than seeking employment, you may get into entrepreneurship in the field.
PG Diploma in Tourism and Logistics Management Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for PG Diploma in Tourism and Logistics Management for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering PG Diploma in Tourism and Logistics Management courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for PG Diploma in Tourism and Logistics Management