Binding and Finishing is an art. To make a career as Binder and Finisher, one must have an aptitude for work with machinery and must have artistic skill. The certification in Binding and Finishing course has been designed and developed for the people who want to make the career in the printing industry. As a machine bookbinder or print finisher, you would have to set up the print machine, feed the paper in the machine, report the breakdowns of machine, if occurred and take away and stack the finished products.
The duration of the course is one year, but some institutes offer a quick time course of 8 to 10 months.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam or equivalent from a recognized board.
As part of the curriculum, following topics will be covered:
1. How to use hand skills for print finishing and bookbinding
2. Different techniques of machine fold ( roll folds, slitting for print finishing etc.)
3. Techniques to fold up to sixteen pages using three directional folds for print finishing
4. Techniques to operate a guillotine for printing production
5. Understanding the business and quality principles for printing
6. Techniques to sew books using different styles by hand.
7. Ways to produce loose leaf binders and flush work for bookbinding
8. How to use a manual blocking machine, for bookbinding .
9. How to set up and operate a sewing machine for bookbinding
10. Process to set up and operate a head and tail band and lining machine for bookbinding
After completion of the course, you may seek job as Book binder or Machine Finisher, Folder Operator, Guillotine Operator in Printing industry. You can also set up your own small business.
Certification Binding and Finishing Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification Binding and Finishing for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification Binding and Finishing courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.