It is an undergraduate Science course. Life Science deals with the scientific study of different life forms and living organisms like plants, animals and human beings. B.Sc Life Science degree course involves study of the various processes of life.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Life Science is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or equivalent examination with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized college or university.
- Some institute demand a minimum of 50% marks to be eligible for admission to this degree course.
- Some colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination to get admission to their B.Sc Life Science course. Selection to this degree course in these colleges is based on the marks obtained in the entrance examination and the marks secured in 10+2 final exam taken together.
The minimum duration of B.Sc Life Science is about 3 years divided into six semesters.
How to get admission in B.Sc Life Science
The admission to B.Sc Life Science is mostly based on the cut off list issued by the colleges or universities.
Some important skills required for B.Sc Life Science course
- They should be prepared to face new challenges and should be up-to-date with the latest happenings in the world of Life Science.
- They should have the ability to work with microscopes and computer skills.
- They should have good verbal and written communication skills and a high level of curiosity about the world around them.
- Candidates should have a detail oriented mind, good interpersonal skills and mental stamina to work for long hours.
- They should be able to solve problems and should have a good understanding of the scientific method and a curiosity for scientific research.
Advantages or benefits of B.Sc Life Science course
- Life Science graduate can seek employment in healthcare industries such as medical research, pharmaceutical industries, lab technology, genetic engineering and pharmaceutical sales.
- Candidates can go for further higher degree courses such as M.Sc, M.Phil and Ph.D Degree in Life Science.
- They can make their career in teaching field. They can become professor or lecturer after completion of some higher degree courses in colleges and universities both in private as well as Goverment sector.
- They can become home tutor or private teacher and also can open up their own coaching institute or tution centre.
B.Sc Life science Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Life science for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Life science courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Life science