After 10th, it is a turning point in the life of a student where he now has the option of moving a step ahead towards his dream career.
The basic qualification required fir pursuing P.U.C. Science course is a pass degree in Matriculation or 10th class from a renowned and reputed school.
A student must know the following facts before choosing P.U.C. Science course:
- P.U.C. Science course is of 2 years with 1 Major Board Exam at the end of second year P.U.C. or 12th class.
- Every student is required to study 4 core subjects in each branch along with first language English and second language as Hindi / Sanskrit / Urdu / Marathi / Kannada / Tamil / Telugu / Malayalam / French / German / Arabic.
- P.U.C. Science students can choose subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Electronics, Computer Science, Home Science and Geology.
- If a student doesn't like to study Biology, he can pursue PCMCs (Computer Science), PCME (Electronics) or PCMG (Geology). This makes the student eligible for a career in engineering stream.
- If a student doesn't like to study Mathematics, he can pursue PCBH (Home Science) or PCBS (Statistics). This will make the student eligible for a career in medicine and who finds it difficult to cope up with Mathematics.
If a student selects P.U.C. Science, he has an option to shift to Commerce stream or Arts stream. Like many Science students who scores less in P.U.C. and realizes that he has made a big mistake by taking up P.U.C. Science, they can join courses like B.Com, B.B.A, B.B.M and B.A.
But, if a student chooses Commerce or Arts, then he cannot pursue Graduation in Science. Some paramedical courses have now been open even for Commerce and Arts students.
Benefits and challenges
- Students get two years to identify their strengths and weaknesses. The students also realize their true potential. During school period, with a lot of spoon feeding and pampering at home, they live in a life of a illusion till coming to college.
- With P.U.C. following the C.B.S.E. syllabus, it will be a very strong foundation for higher education and at the same time challenging for students of the state board.
- P.U.C. has been seen a basic qualification for many jobs.
P.U.C. Science Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for P.U.C. Science for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering P.U.C. Science courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for P.U.C. Science