M.E. Soil and Water Conservation Engineering is a full time post graduate degree program in managing water resources and saving the natural habitat. Rapid industrialization and overuse of land and water resources is leading to the degradation of our natural resources. This course is a step taken in the right direction in our fight to conserve our resources. Theory and practical classes are conducted on various techniques associated with soil and water conservation. Numerous job opportunities exist after completion of the course.
Eligibility and course duration
To be eligible, you need to have a bachelors degree in engineering or technology, i.e. B.E./B. Tech or any other equivalent degree. Aggregate marks should not be less than 50%. Admission is either through entrance exams or by GATE scores. The institutes may even opt for both or replace the entrance exam with a personal interview.
Duration of this postgraduation program is 2 years and is divided into 4 semesters.
More about the course
This postgraduate program imparts training by demonstrating techniques on how to prevent soil erosion, developing waste lands, rain water storage, sprinkler and drip irrigation systems. Apart from these, fundamentals on well recharging, drainage of extra water from farmlands, best usage of soil and water are also covered in the course.
For whom the course is suitable
- Those who want to solve problems related to soil and water conservation.
- Those passionate about saving the environment and its resources.
- Those having the inclination to save the habitat of endangered species.
- Those able to arrange for awareness events such as workshops, talk shows and seminars to promote environmental issues.
What you will learn in the course
- The science and art of managing natural resources for sustainable development.
- Various soil and water conservation techniques.
- Devising channels for safe evacuation of surface runoff water from slopes.
- Devising equipment for storage of rainwater.
- Calculating the annual average rate of soil erosion.
- Techniques for reclamation of barren lands.
After completion of the two year program, there are plenty of job opportunities in various government departments related to environment, irrigation and farming. Opportunities also exist in agro based industries and in agricultural institutes. You can get jobs as Senior Scientist in soil science, Assistant Soil Conservation Officer, Hydrologist or as a System Analyst. If inclined towards teaching, then lectureship jobs in colleges and research institutes are up for grabs for those deserving enough.
M.E Soil & Water Conservation Engineering Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.E Soil & Water Conservation Engineering for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.E Soil & Water Conservation Engineering courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.E Soil & Water Conservation Engineering