Kannada is an Indian language predominantly spoken in the state of Karnataka. Kannada is one of the top 30 spoken language in the World. It is the official and administrative language in the state of Karnataka. The language belongs to the Dravidian family and it is conventionally divided into three periods being Modern Kannada, Middle Kannada and Old Kannada.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.A Kannada language is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 with mainly Kannada as a subject and from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of B.A Kannada course is about 3 years divided into six semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Admission of students to the B.A Kannada course is based on the merit secured by the candidates in the qualifying examination.
Higher studies after B.A Kannada
After completion of B.A Kannada course, candidates can go for further higher degrees such as Master's degree in Kannada and can further go for M.Phil and Ph.D Kannada. They can take up lectureship as their profession. If they would like to teach this language in schools, then they can go for Bachelor of Education course and Master of Education course. Even candidates can go for mass communication and journalism course as their higher studies option if they would like to go for jobs in journalism.
Job prospects after B.A Kannada course
Candidates can take up any of the following profession after completion of B.A Kannada course
- Teaching in Higher Secondary schools and colleges
- Teaching in primary, middle and high schools
- Mass communication and journalism
- Candidates can open up their own coaching centre or private tuition centre
- Freelancing is the new trend in the field of language. Freelancers can join translation bureaus, research firms, international organizations, publishing houses, travel and tourism, hotel industry, etc.
- They can be a Poet / Story or Novel Writer / Article Writer.
- Journalist / Editor: B.A Kannada graduates can find jobs in media like newspapers, TV channels, etc.
- Translator / Content Writer: Many content based companies recruit Kannada language experts for translating or content writing.
- B.A Kannada course as a language make a way to the prosperous career option that one can choose according to their interest.
B.A. Kannada Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.A. Kannada for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.A. Kannada courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.A. Kannada