It is a Diploma level course in Logistics & Shipping. In simple terms, logistics means the commercial activity of transporting goods from the manufacturers to the end customers. Logistics is a part of supply chain. This discipline deals with the planning, implementing and controlling the efficient flow of goods (forward and backward) and storage of goods between the point of origin (manufacturer / producer) and the point of consumption (consumer). Shipping sector deals in transporting goods from one place to another. Shipping industry is an essential part of logistics operations.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing Diploma Logistics & Shipping course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- Some institutes conduct entrance examination for admission to this course.
The duration of Diploma Logistics & Shipping course is 1 year.
Advantages or benefits of Diploma Logistics & Shipping course
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop skills in marketing, economics, management and organizational behavior.
- They can have jobs in logistics management, logistics manager, assistant logistic manager, transportation manager, middle management, junior purchasers, etc.
- Students can seek jobs in retailing, warehousing and transportation sector. Warehousing sector involves inventory control and preparing GRN (Goods Receive Note).
- Applicants can also go for further Bachelor's, Master's, Management degree and then for research work.
- They can also run and provide help in their family business.
Career prospects and job opportunities
Diploma in Logistics & Shipping course has been designed to meet the requirements of the logistics & shipping sector. To make the students capable in managing logistics and shipping operations and organizations is the main aim of this diploma course.
Some of the prime recruiters of these diploma holders are the Logistics companies, shipping industry and supply chain management firms. Consultation agencies dealing in logistics and shipping operations are also known to recruit the diploma holders in this field.
After successful completion of Diploma Logistics & Shipping course, the candidates can find jobs in the following work setups:
- Logistics Companies
- Shipping Companies
- Import-Export Firms
- MNCs and Business Houses
- Consultation Agencies
In addition to these, diploma holders in Logistics & Shipping course can find good openings in the areas of:
- National and International courier, cargo and shipping companies.
- Transport companies which handles customer deliverables and shipment.
- Government sectors like road transport and railways department.
- MNCs in various sectors which deals in logistics & shipping operations.
- Self enterprise – setting up a firm to cater to local and national demands.
Diploma Logistics & Shipping Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Logistics & Shipping for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Logistics & Shipping courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Logistics & Shipping