About B.Sc Sericulture course
It is an undergraduate Agricultural and Technology course. The silkworms are used to collect cocoons which are used as basic raw material for the production of silk. There are several commercial species of silkworms out of which Bombyx mori is the most intensively studied and widely used silkworm. Sericulture comes under cottage industry and it offers a wide range of employment opportunities to the women belonging to rural areas which adds to the growth of rural economy of our country. This course is career originating in nature.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Sericulture course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary School or 10+2 with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology Science from a recognized college or university.
The minimum duration of B.Sc Sericulture course is about 3 years which is divided into six semesters, each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for B.Sc Sericulture course
- Candidate should know about land preparation, crop maintenance and mulberry plantation, acid treatment and silk moth pairing.
- They should also know about reeling, rearing, propagation skills, twisting and disease identification.
- Candidates who want to go for further higher degree courses such as Master’s degree and then for research work are suitable for this course.
- They must be able to work harder, care taker, possess team work spirit and can work continuously for long hours.
Advantages or benefits of B.Sc Sericulture course
- Experienced sericulture graduates can find placement as supervisors in Government sericulture units.
- Candidates can apply for the position of assistant director, research officer and project manager positions in the sericulture industry.
Jobs in Government sector
Those who have completed degree level or short term courses in Sericulture can find jobs in Government owned sericulture companies. Sound knowledge in sericulture or silk farming can aid the aspirants to obtain long term career in Government firms engaged in the sericulture industry.
Opportunities for sericulture graduates in academic fields
Those aspirants with B.Sc degree in Silk Technology (Sericulture) can apply for lectureship or professor in various colleges and institutes where sericulture courses are offered. Other opportunities in academic fields include Lab Assistant, Instructor, etc.
Jobs openings in sericulture also occurs in organizations such as
- District Khadi Board
- Silk Board
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra
- Central Export Promotion Council.
B.Sc Sericulture Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Sericulture for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Sericulture courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Sericulture