- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Silk Technology course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized college or university.
- They should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12 as compulsory subjects and any one of the following as optional subject: Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science or any other technical subject.
- They should have scored a minimum of 45% marks in all the three subjects taken together. Some institutes consider English as one of the main subject in the qualifying examination.
- A relaxation of 5% marks is applicable for those belonging to reserved categories such as SC / ST / OBC.
The duration of B.Sc Silk Technology course is of 3 years which is divided into six semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months. It is an important course that opens many job scopes after its successful completion.
Some more about this course
B.Sc Silk Technology deals with the technology of producing silk from various sources such as worms and other artificial sources of silk which includes various chemicals as well.
Who should pursue B.Sc Silk Technology course
- If you have an interest in silk industry and want to gain basic knowledge of the subject, then you should pursue this course.
- The candidates should have good monitoring skills to control the machines used in this field. They should also have operational and decision making skills.
- Those who are interested in research in Silk Technology can join M.Sc Silk Technology or can go for Doctoral courses such as M.Phil and Ph.D Silk Technology courses.
Career prospects and job opportunities
Silk engineers can find attractive opportunities in silk and textile mills, knitwear manufacturing units, export houses, dyeing and printing industries. Silk engineering graduates can also work in cotton yarn industries and research laboratories for testing and quality control. There are enormous good opportunities abroad for carrying out research work in silk technology. They can also pursue teaching in career as a professor or lecturer in both private and Government colleges and universities.
Other than this, a large number of private and Government sponsored companies in silk, khadi, jute, handloom, craft and other developmental organizations need textile and silk technology experts. With B.Sc Silk Technology degree, one can work as an Operational Engineer, assistant Manager, Quality Control Supervisor, Sales In-charge.
B.Sc Silk Technology Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Silk Technology for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Silk Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Silk Technology