M.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology concerns with the designing, development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products like life saving drugs and medicines.
- The basic qualification required for pursuing M.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology is a Graduation degree in (B.E / B.Tech / B.Pharma from a recognized college or university.
- The Graduation has to be completed in any of Chemical Engineering / Organic Chemistry or a related discipline.
- A minimum aggregate score of 60% (55% for SC / ST candidates) is required at the level of Graduation and for admission process.
- Some institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission for admission to their postgraduate pharmaceutical technology course.
- Preferably, a minimum of 24 months of work experience is required as many reputed institutes of the country prefer students with professional experience in the subject.
The duration of M.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology course is 2 years which is divided into four semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Most institutes offering the M.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology course admit students based on the performance in a relevant entrance test such as GATE often followed by a round of personal interview, wherein the general aptitude of the candidates is tested. The admission process generally varies across colleges.
Who should opt for M.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology course
- The candidates should be able to understand all stages of pharmaceutical drug development cycle as the nature of work requires them to have a good awareness of the same.
- They should have an aptitude for understanding framework which control the manufacture, development and distribution of various medicinal products.
- They should have an advanced research in the subject.
- They should have an ability to put hard work, patience, strong logical thinking, a sense of responsibility are some of the qualities needed for pharmacist.
The qualified post graduates find jobs in drug manufacturing companies, hospitals, research and development sectors, drug stores, bio processes engineering firms, food and cosmetic industries. With the healthcare field growing with leaps and bounds, there is no dearth of jobs in the pharmaceutical industry. Instead, the field is likely to grow much more rapidly in the coming years. For fresh graduates as well as those experienced, there are plenty of opportunities in different sectors of this field. There are also numerous opportunities for research in the pharmaceutical industry or in research laboratories. Some of the very well known pharmaceutical companies in this field are Ranbaxy, Glaxo Smith Kline, Cipla, Aurobindo Pharma and many others.
M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.Tech. Pharmaceutical Technology