About B.Sc Biology course
It is an undergraduate Science course in Biology. In this course, students learn about the life and living organisms including their function, structure, growth, evolution, origin, taxonomy, etc.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Sc Biology course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with a minimum of 50% marks in Biology subject or in aggregate and from a recognized board, college or university.
- Some colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination to provide admission to their degree course. Selection is based on the marks obtained in the 10+2 exam and the entrance exam taken together. Shortlisted candidates have to go through Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Capabilities and skills of the candidates are accessed on individual basis through GD and PI.
The minimum duration of B.Sc Biology course is about 3 years which is divided into six semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for B.Sc Biology course
- Candidates who have an interest in the study of living organisms and their properties can opt for this course.
- To pursue this course, candidates should have problem solving skills, experimental skills and strong analytical skills to get the full knowledge exposure in the related field.
- In addition, candidates should have good communication skills, teamwork skills, writing and making presentations and those who can do group projects and conducts seminars are suitable for this course.
- They should also have organizational skills, project and time management skills, business awareness, initiative, self reliance and strong interpersonal skills.
Further academic options after B.Sc Biology course
After completion of the course, candidates can go for further higher degree such as Master's degree.
Advantages or benefits of B.Sc Biology course
B.Sc Biology course serves as a basis for further higher degrees such as M.Sc, M.Phil and Ph.D degree in Botany as well as in Zoology, Bio Technology, Bio Chemistry, Food Science, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, etc. The successful completion of the course makes the candidates eligible for the post of a professor or lecturer in colleges and universities both in private as well as Government sector. B.Sc Biology degree holders have plenty of opportunities in the field of Pharmaceuticals and Chemical Industries, (R&D), Clinical Research, Public Health and Environmental Protection sectors, Waste Management, etc.
B.Sc Biology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc Biology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc Biology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc Biology