About the course
The short name of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology is D.L.O. and it is a postgraduate diploma in ENT program. It is that branch of medicine that deals in the diagnosis and treatment of head, nose, sinuses, face, throat and ear disorders. Some institute term the course as Diploma in E.N.T which is the same course unless specified. Candidates specializing in this field are called ear, nose and throat specialist or ENT specialist. This specialization is taken up by many candidates in India at the PG Diploma level.
- The basic qualification to pursue this Diploma program is a candidate who has passed M.B.B.S. examination after pursuing a study in medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- They should have completed one year compulsory internship in a teaching institution or other institution recognized by the Medical Council of India and should have obtained permanent registration of any State Medical Council.
The duration of Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology course is 2 years.
Normally admission of students to this PG Diploma course is done based on their performance in the PG medical entrance examination, which might either be state level or national level entrance examination.
Who is suitable for Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology course
- The course is suitable to train students to acquire the competency of a specialist in the field so that they can become good teachers, researchers and clinicians in their specialty after completion of their training.
- He / she should be able to handle all emergencies independently.
- They should be up to date with latest innovation and development in their respective field.
- They should possess good communication and interpersonal skills as it is necessary for dealing different types of people.
- Candidates who want to go for further higher degrees in the related field are also suitable for this course.
- Those who want to go for teaching field as a lecturer or professor in both private and government medical colleges and universities after obtaining higher degree levels are also perfect for this course.
Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology offers a wide range of employment opportunities in this field since ENT specialists are in great demand in many multi specialty hospitals and clinics both in India as well as abroad. These professionals can also start their own clinic or they can find job placement in government run hospitals as well.
Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Oto-Rhino-Laryngology