It is a postgraduate course in Human Rights. In this course, students learn about the promotion of human rights in society. Human Rights have become one of the indicators for measuring development and democracy across the system, good governance and governments in the contemporary world. Human Rights are the rights conferred to all human beings whatever may be the nationality, caste, class, sex, religion or place of residence.
- The basic eligibility criteria to pursue M.A. Human rights & Distance Education is a Bachelor's degree in Arts stream or any other equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized college or university.
- Some institutes and universities conduct an entrance examination to provide admission to their postgraduate degree course.
The minimum duration of M.A Human Rights course is about 2 years, the syllabus of which is divided into four semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for M.A Human Rights
- This course is suitable for those candidates who are aware about the protection of human rights and conflict management, and who possesses a methodological background and sound juridical and practical operation skills in such areas.
- They should have far sightedness, social dealings and good behavior.
- Candidates who are willing to go for further higher degrees such as M.Phil and Ph.D are also suitable for this course.
- They also have the courage of identifying injustice and discrimination in society, can resist pressure from adults and peers to perpetuate discrimination.
Advantages or benefits of M.A Human Rights
- There are various job prospects where Human Rights graduates can get placement.
- This course enable the students to develop a strong theoretical and practical understanding of human rights law, politics and philosophy at regional, domestic and international levels.
- Job opportunities are also available as a consultant, programmer, researcher, worker, manager, etc.
- The Masters degree serve as a basis for higher studies in this field such as M.Phil and Ph.D.
The remuneration for human rights postgraduates depend upon the nature of job such as temporary, permanent and project based assignments. However, the various benefits and higher remuneration in this field depend upon which sector one is working like corporate houses, government, non-government or International Organization and even whether a person is working in India or abroad.
M.A. Human Rights Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A. Human Rights for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A. Human Rights courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.A. Human Rights