- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Tech Paint Technology is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized college or university.
- However, this is the eligibility criterion followed in institutes but it may vary from institute to institute. Candidates are therefore required to check the eligibility criteria carefully.
The minimum duration of B.Tech Paint Technology is about 4 years.
What is Paint Technology
It is a very niche branch of engineering under Chemical Engineering. Some of the main areas of Paint Technology include paint application, oil and paint media, etc.
Who should opt for B.Tech Paint Technology course
Candidates who have an inherent love for colors and paints should opt for this course. They must be sincere, hard working and also be able to lead a team of people. The candidate should have good managerial skills along with a pleasing personality.
What do students learn in B.Tech Paint Technology course
- In this course, the students learn about the various ingredients used in the making of paints, pigments, polymers, etc.
- The students understand about the functions of each ingredient going into the paint and its effect on the final property of the paint.
- The students learn about the manufacturing of paints, different kinds of paints, the techniques used for the application of paints and the use of various kind of paints.
What topics are covered under B.Tech Paint Technology course
The course covers technology of pigment and dyes, oils, organic solvents, polymers, paint additives, resins, high solids coating, powder coatings and other paint application techniques.
Job prospects and career options
- Paint industry is one of the booming sector which is mainly dependent on real estate and automobile industry.
- A paint technologist is required in different areas of the paint industry.
- They can find work in any of the following departments of paint manufacturing companies such as:
- Quality Assurance
- Research & Development
- Technical Assistants / Executives who work on client sites
- Salary in this sector depends on the employer and the experience one has in this field.
- If one gets placed with reputed brands, then the salary is really lucrative.
- One can advance to a senior level after gaining experience where salary gets better.
B.Tech Paint Technology Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Tech Paint Technology for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Tech Paint Technology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Tech Paint Technology