M.A Gujarati can be pursued after completion of B.A Gujarati. M.A. with Gujarati specialization gives knowledge about Gujarati language in all forms- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. The course includes all the details including its origin and its application. Some colleges and institutes offer this course as a part time course, distance learning or correspondence course. This course is completely theoretical in nature.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A Gujarati course is a pass degree in Graduation Arts stream. Those who have completed B.A Gujarati in their Graduation will find the course more easier than who haven’t.
- Some colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission to their degree course. Other colleges who doesn’t take entrance exam, they follow a merit based admission process.
The minimum duration of M.A Gujarati is about 2 years which is divided into four semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Introduction of Gujarati literature, cultural details, etc is what the course syllabus typically includes. As training is done in technical courses, in the same manner dissertation is carried out in linguistic courses. During this dissertation, candidates acquire knowledge of famous Gujarati writers and poets.
As M.A Gujarati is a linguistic course, there is not so much rush and competition for admission and hence the candidates will not have to struggle much for admission. Interested candidates can search and apply for their desired institutes and then they can submit the duly filled in application form along with necessary documents and fees before due dates.
Further study options
After successful completion of M.A. with Gujarati specialization, candidates can pursue B.Ed if they have interest in teaching. M.Phil and Ph.D options are also open for research oriented candidates. Other professional short term courses like computer and typing course can be pursued which will be beneficial in terms of career prospects.
- After successful completion of the course, candidates have variety of job opportunities. They can be a teacher, translator, content writer, freelancer and many more.
- They have great scope in educational institutes as these institutes want language experts for teaching regional languages.
- They can start their own tuition classes; they can be interpreters in publishing offices
- They can work as Translators in any field like scientific literary, business magazines or technical literature.
M.A Gujarati Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A Gujarati for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A Gujarati courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.