About the course
It is an undergraduate course in Information Technology. It is a course in software application which is designed to help the users to perform specific tasks. Typical examples of software application include spreadsheets, word processors, media players and database application. With the current domination of computer application in all fields such as administrative, economic and political, the course is career oriented in nature.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.A. Computer Applications course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized college or university.
- Admission marks for this course may vary from college to college. Some institutes conduct entrance examination plus interview and percentage of 12th class for admission to this degree course.
The duration of B.A. Computer Applications course is of 3 years which is divided into six semesters, with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Some more about the course
B.A. Computer Application course aims to produce technical professionals of global standard. This course has been designed for eligible candidates with proficiency in computer skills, programs and applications. Such professionals are hired across Hardware & Networking, Database Administration, System Administration, Software, Research & Development, etc. They are typically recruited for job roles such as data entry operator, computer operator or system administrator.
Who is suitable for B.A. Computer Application course
- They should have basic computer skills such as knowing some of the parts of computer desktop, how to operate computer's mouse, moving and resizing of windows, customize windows, basic document creation, working with files, view files as well as understanding other parts of computer.
- They should have good browsing techniques, communication and interpersonal skills.
- They should have good typing skills which are necessary both during the course and in career.
Advantages or benefits of B.A. Computer Application course
- Interested candidates can go for further higher degrees in the related field such as Master's and then for research work.
- They can get jobs in the areas of Hardware & Networking, Database Administration, System Administration, Software, Research & Development, etc.
- Applicants also have the option of becoming data entry operator, computer operator or system administrator.
- They can also seek jobs in the private and public sectors, banks, insurance companies, stock market, e-commerce, accounting and marketing.
- They can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
B.A. Computer Application Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.A. Computer Application for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.A. Computer Application courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.A. Computer Application