About the course
It is an undergraduate commercial banking and finance course. The course generally covers the study of the concepts of Accounting, Financial Management, Banking Law, Cost Accounting, Income Tax, Methods and Techniques of Cost Accounting, Entrepreneurship Development Program and Computer Business Application. This is a career originating course for anyone who is aspiring to make a career in banking, finance, insurance and other allied services.
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Com Banking & Finance course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 from a recognized college or university.
Students must have studied and passed in any one of the subjects viz. Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies or Mathematics at 10+2 level. Some institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in the above subjects at 10+2 level.
The duration of B.Com Banking & Finance course is of 3 years which is divided into six semesters, with each semester lasting a period of six months.
Some more about the course
B.Com Banking & Finance is a degree program in which, apart from a general course of study in Commerce, the primary focus is on the systematic study and concepts in the specialized subjects and topics related to Banking & Finance industry. A person with a B.Com Banking & Finance degree has a stable career ahead. The candidates have a lot of higher study options such as Master’s degree in Commerce, Master’s degree in Business Administration or else they can get placed in private sector or public sector firm related to banking, insurance or finance. Their degree is best suited for a banking profile.
Who is suitable for B.Com Banking & Finance course
- Those applicants who have a calculative mind, good at Accounting, Economics and Mathematics are the most suitable for this graduate course.
- They should have good understanding of Accounts as they have to deal with numbers and accounting throughout their career.
- They should also have good team work and coordination which is crucial for working in a Banking & Finance environment.
Advantages or benefits of B.Com Banking & Finance course
- After completion of the course, candidates can look for a career in banking, finance, insurance, accountancy or auditing in both private as well as government sector.
- B.Com Banking & Finance degree holders can go for further specialization in similar field.
- B.Com Banking & Finance degree holders are best suited for entry level jobs in banking, finance or insurance company.
B.Com Banking & Finance Admissions for 2019 - 2020 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Com Banking & Finance for the academic year 2019 - 2020? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Com Banking & Finance courses in your preferred locations. Contact us
for more details.