Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetables is a vocational and entrepreneurial program. In this course, the focus is given on post harvest management of fruits and vegetables and production of value added products from them.
- The basic qualification for pursuing Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetables course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 from a recognized college or university.
- In service workers / technicians with above qualification can also join the program.
- Students who have passed class 10 can also join this course but they have to first complete BPP program if the candidates want to pursue Diploma program from IGNOU.
The minimum duration of Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetables course is 1 year and the maximum is about 4 years. This Diploma program consists of both theoretical as well as practical. As it is a technical level program, so students have to learn the theory as well as practical. The weightage of theory is 50% and practical is 50%.
To provide the necessary skills and knowledge for minimizing post harvest losses and production of value added products.
Who should opt Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetables course
This Diploma course should be opted by:
- Those who want to prepare different type of value added products such as jams, jelly, sauce, pickles, etc and market them.
- Horticulture farmers and food processors
- Skilled workers / technicians in the fruit processing industries
- Staff of Food Processing Training Centre (FPTC) / horticulture / post harvest / food processing department of the states / central, rural educators, farmers, etc.
The job opportunities in this field comprises of technician, supervisor, self-entrepreneur, procurer and supplier: in procurement, handling, post harvest management, food processing, manufacturing value added products, quality control and marketing functions of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, marketing, retailing, they can become own procurer and supplier and they can supply fruits and vegetables to different retail markets. Candidates can also open their own fruit juices shop and can prepare fruit juices and different value added products such as jams, jelly, sauce, pickles, etc. and they can also supply to different retail markets.
Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetab Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetab for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetab courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Value Added Products from Fruits & Vegetab