Now-a-days, for any teaching job in schools, colleges or universities, B.Ed degree is a requisite. That is the reason, the demand for B.Ed course has increased manifold. Let us have a look about the essential eligibility criteria for B.Ed Geography course.
B.Ed Geography Eligibility
- The basic qualification required to pursue B.Ed Geography course is a pass in Bachelor of Geography (B.Com) degree from a recognized Board or University with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidate must have studied Geography as a subject in the degree program and must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in Geography subject.
- There are some institutes which conduct an entrance test for admission to various B.Ed colleges. The entrance exam consists of multiple choice questions in General Knowledge, Basic Arithmetic, Aptitude, Geography and test of one local language.
- The entrance exam is generally held in the month of June or July.
The duration of B.Ed Geography course is about a year.
About B.Ed Geography course
This course is a one year program consisting of two or more semesters. This course equips the trainee teacher with the latest knowledge and skills in the field of Geography teaching. How to handle complex situations in the course of teaching is being taught in B.Ed Geography degree and also about various aspects associated with teaching.
Further higher degree
With only B.Ed degree, you can teach only till school level classes. But, if you want to go further in your career, you can go for M.Ed degree. By pursuing M.Ed degree, you will get an opportunity to teach higher classes and even in colleges some times.
B.Ed Geography course suitability
- Candidates who want to become a Geography teacher and also who wants to pursue B.Ed degree, then they are the most suitable candidates for this course.
- Candidates who are good at various teaching techniques and procedures of evaluation are also a good match for this course.
How is B.Ed Geography course beneficial
- After getting B.Ed Geography degree, candidates can take up the job of a Geography teacher.
- The B.Ed Geography degree course develops the teaching skills of the students as a teacher which assist them to impart quality education to the students.
- This course helps the professional competency of the teachers to be strengthened.
- Candidates can run their own educational institutions such as coaching classes, tuitions, etc. which will help to increase their income.
B.Ed Geography employment areas
- Private Tuition
- Home Tuition
- Coaching Centres
- Educational Department
- Educational Consultancies.
B.Ed Geography Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Ed Geography for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Ed Geography courses in your preferred locations.