It is a postgraduate course in Defence Studies. Military / Defence Studies is known by various names like military science, defence and strategic studies, war and strategic studies, war and national security studies in the World. M.A Defence Studies course is taught in a handful of colleges and universities in India. The course includes an understanding of the Defence Organization of India, Indian Military History, India's National Security, etc.
- The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing M.A Defence Studies course is a Bachelor's degree in Military / Defence studies.
- Some colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 45-50% marks in Graduation as a qualifying criterion to secure admission in this course while some conduct entrance examination for admission.
The minimum duration of M.A Defence Studies course is about 2 years which is divided into four semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Who is suitable for M.A Defence Studies course
- B.A. Defence Studies course is much suited for the candidates who are interested to serve themselves for the nation and mother country.
- Candidates who have interest in defence activities and have good physical health are most suitable for this course.
- Those who want to make defence and security as their career and have the courage of fighting with the dangers and risks involved are good suit for this course.
- Applicants who want to contribute in the defence and security force of the country are a good match for this course.
Advantages or benefits of M.A Defence Studies course
- Candidates can go for further higher degrees and research in this field such as M.Phil and Ph.D degree in Defence Studies.
- Students of defence studies can also join Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis as Research Associate / Research Officer / Research Fellow.
- Those who are interested in writing can write articles in newspapers, magazines and journals related to the security aspects of the country.
- One can get jobs in Indian Army, Navy, Air Force, defence journalism, education corps and many more fields.
This course is most suitable for those candidates who want to serve their mother country. They can also try for jobs offered by Central as well as State Government sectors.
M.A. Defence Studies Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A. Defence Studies for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A. Defence Studies courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.A. Defence Studies