- The basic qualification for pursuing M.D. Skin and V.D. course is a pass degree in MBBS degree from All India Institute of Medical Sciences or any other University or equivalent qualification recognized by the MCI (Medical Council of India) or any of the State Medical Council.
- A minimum aggregate score of 55% is required at the level of post graduation (50% marks in case of SC / ST / OBC).
- A rotating internship of 1 year is required to pursue this course.
- Most institutes prefer candidates with work experience preferably a minimum of 12 months of professional experience.
- Admission to this course is based on the candidate's performance in a relevant entrance examination.
The minimum duration of M.D. Skin and V.D. post graduation course is 3 years.
Professional areas of employment for such professionals include:
Who should opt for M.D. Skin and V.D. course
Those candidates who want to diagnose and treat a wide range of skin and hair conditions are suitable for this course.
They should be able to work for long hours with self motivation and try to remain calm under stress conditions.
There are lot of career opportunities in the field of skin, venerology and dermatology. A post graduate in Skin and V.D. can seek career options in the following areas such as nursing homes, clinics and dispensaries, private and government hospitals. Professionals in this career can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
A post graduate student working in clinic as a private practitioner helps them to gain confidence and revenue. Experienced skin, venerology and dermatologists can pursue rewarding career both in India as well as abroad as the demand in this field is increasing tremendously. A post graduate professional can also apply jobs in foreign countries and work there.
The postgraduate professional in the field of M.D. Skin and V.D. can be promoted to medical director or departmental head, etc. the salary is mostly based on the grade or pay scale in government hospitals. Although, the skin, venerology and dermatologists working in a private hospital also earn good remuneration. They can make more money by opening up their own skin and dermatologist clinics.
M.D. Skin & V.D. Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.D. Skin & V.D. for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.D. Skin & V.D. courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.D. Skin & V.D.