About the course
Manmade disasters like explosion or natural calamities like earthquake, flood, drought, tsunami will have a huge impact on the lives of the people. So this course enables the students to get fully prepared in the event of any of these calamities occur. The course focuses on the causes of natural and manmade disasters and how to minimize their impact. The course enables students to learn different areas of disaster management which includes evacuation process and distribution of food and medical care for the injured people. During the course, students will be introduced to field operations, organizational management, environmental system, disaster management, etc. There are many colleges and institutes in India that offer this diploma course.
The basic qualification for pursuing Diploma Disaster Management course is a pass degree in 10+2 or Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized college or university.
The duration of Diploma Disaster Management course is 1 year.
Further study options
Interested candidates can go for further higher degrees in the same field. They can go for Post Graduate Diploma Disaster Management course. An MBA degree which teaches about management can be a best combination. Another short term courses like computers, etc. can also be pursued which will be useful in their career prospects. Candidates can go for PhD if they are interested in research.
- They should be physically and mentally fit to be able to handle any type of calamities or circumstances at any time.
- Timely action is very much needed for this profession, therefore one who aspires to be in this profession should be alert every time and should be able to implement apt plans immediately for any kind of situation.
- They are not only responsible for other's well being but also they have to take care for their own life and health.
- They should be ready to take any kind of responsibilities in the event of any disasters.
- Good communication skills are also essential for this career as they have to communicate easily and effectively.
- Good organizing capability and team spirit are other skills that one should possess to perform well in this industry.
- There are good employment opportunities in the private as well as public organizations.
- Various opportunities are offered in the field of teaching, consultancy, research, training organizer, documentation, field training, mock drill expert, etc.
- Graduates in disaster management can also start their own consultancy.
Diploma Disaster Management Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Disaster Management for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Disaster Management courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Disaster Management