If you are interested in developing a career in computer programming and computer application development, MCA is the best course for you. This course was designed to meet the growing demands in the Information Technology field in India.
This 3-year course will prepare you to develop your career in the most exciting Information Technology field and earn handsome money once you complete the course and get a job. Prerequisite to join this course is any science graduation, preferably BCA (Bachelor of Science)
Most of the universities in India offer the MCA course and is organized into 6 semesters. The 6th semester is practical project training, which is expected to be done in some IT companies outside the campus.
It is a full-time postgraduate course offered by many colleges and institutes in India. The course is all about learning the basics of computer science and software applications.
- The basic qualification for pursuing Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course is a Graduation degree in any discipline like Science, Commerce, Arts, engineering from any recognized college or university. B.C.A. qualified candidates can also pursue MCA course.
- Candidates awaiting their final year result in Graduation can also apply to this course.
- Candidates must have Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 course or in any one year of Graduation.
- The qualifying examination must have been passed with 50% marks (45% for SC / ST candidates).
The minimum duration of MCA course is about 3 academic years which is divided into six semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months.
Admission procedure fro MCA Courses in India
Admission in MCA course is given on the basis of all India entrance examination. Many colleges and universities in India offer admission on the basis of merit list prepared as per the marks scored in the entrance test. The entrance examination is generally based on Mathematics and Reasoning.
Skills required for MCA course
- To be a good programmer, the candidate must have a good command in programming languages such as C, C++, Java, .Net, ASP.Net, etc.
- If candidates have an interest in web designing field, then they have to focus in languages like PHP, CSS, HTML, Java Script, etc.
- If candidates want to go in networking field, then they should be skilled in SQL, Linux, etc. apart from studying subjects during the course, candidates can also get certification in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, to get good position in organization.
Career and job prospects
Lots of job opportunities are available in MCA field. The candidates can work as a junior engineer, system engineer, system administrator or a web developer.
In India, the average salary of a software developer is reasonably good. The salary depends on a number of factors like the type of working organization, skills, knowledge, experience, etc.
With good skills in programming languages, candidates can get high paying jobs in this field. After gaining sufficient experience in IT field, candidates can easily earn a handsome salary package.
M.C.A Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.C.A for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.C.A courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.C.A