There is a difference between travelling places and managing the travel routine of a person or a group in different places. This course helps you learn this difference. If you have entrepreneurship in mind then you can join this course. If you want to guide people in planning their travel destinations in optimum budget then you should join this course.
- Since this is a master degree course in travel and tourism, you must have passed bachelor's in tourism or BTS course before applying in this course. If you have done a bachelor's of arts in hospitality management or hotel management then also you can apply for admission.
- If you opt for a regular master degree in tourism, then the basic cut-off in graduation marks is 55%. But the distance education institutes do not set any cut-off criteria for marks obtained in the graduation.
[Description from merged course]
It is a postgraduate course in Travel and Tourism Management. The course includes study of Tourism Development, Tourism Management, Tourism Marketing, Hotel Management, Transportation Industry, etc. M.T.M. is concerned with planning and management of Tourism industry at large. One of the fastest growing sectors in the world is Tourism. Tourism Management is the backbone of economic development for any country. In Tourism Management, students learn about the policy aspects of national, international and regional tourism. The course focuses on aspects like controlling and handling the tourists and providing them with required support.
The basic eligibility criterion for pursuing M.T.M. Master in Tourism Management is a Bachelor's degree in Tourism Studies or B.A Tourism or any other equivalent examination from a recognized college or university.
The course duration for Master in Tourism Management is about 2 years but the duration of the distant course may be extended up to four years.
Advantage of M.T.M. course
This is a job oriented course. In fact, most institutes provide a 6 month internship of the students at the end of the course. So the students get an onsite experience. You get to know about marketing strategies, accounts and finance related information. You get the necessary tips about entrepreneurship too. So in a way this course helps you design the business plan with efficiency and profitability.
Scopes of Jobs
- The first job that you could opt for is becoming a travel and tour guide. The salary would be dependent on the market values and your client's potential. But if you can run this business for few years, you will have your own brand name and a goodwill that will secure your future.
- A related job field is travel agent. If you become a travel guide then your client needs to hire you for the entire trip. But if you become a local travel agent then you will have to hire other people in other states who will work as your company's branch and provide the necessary service to your client. You will have to monitor the entire process, so that nothing goes wrong. You will plan the entire travel of a client including the food and lodging facilities.
- You can be marketing managers. You will not have to open your own office. You can join a corporate hub which owns an office on travel and tourism purpose. You will have to look into their marketing strategies. You will have to design programs which will publicize the travel and tourism organization.
[Description 2 from merged course]
Who is suitable for M.T.M. Master in Tourism Management course
- Candidates who are good at building rapport and maintaining good relationship between the consumers and the providers of tourism services are suitable for this course.
- They should have an awareness about the dynamic nature of tourism in modern society.
- They should also have the ability to analyze tourism in the communities it affects.
- Applicants should have good presentation and communication skills which are essential in the tourism industry where service to customers is of utmost importance.
- For having managerial or administrative level jobs, they should have problem solving skills, decision making and organizing ability and can work effectively within a team.
Advantages and benefits of M.T.M. Master in Tourism Management course
- One of the favored destinations for many tourists all over the world is India, hence there is plenty of job scope for tourism professionals.
- With the expansion of Travel and Tourism industry in India, it makes a M.T.M. postgraduates to be eligible for a career that is highly rewarding in nature.
- In addition, candidates have a lot of job scope in the hotel industry which is basically a service industry.
- After completion of the course, candidates can get better job options both inside and outside the country.
- This course will also be beneficial for those candidates who want to take up the job as a lecturer or professor in several colleges and universities
M.T.M. Admissions for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.T.M. for the academic year 2022 - 2023? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.T.M. courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.T.M.