If you are currently studying graduation, you might want to continue your studies to the master's degree. If you have a penchant for knowing about minority languages, then one of the best choices for choosing a specialization subject in master's degree would be the Mewati language. This is called a minority language as it is spoken by a small section of Indians and that too in small parts of Rajasthan and Haryana. It has quite a few similarities with Hindi language. That is why, people who are graduating in Hindi literature will benefit from a Master's of arts in Mewati.
The universities which provide a degree in Master of Arts in Mewati go by the same eligibility requirements of an M.A. in any other language.
- The candidate should pass B.A. honors. The major subject should preferably be Hindi Literature.
- Aggregate score obtained in graduation should be minimum 50-55%.
Further details about the course
This is a 2 year long course. While Mewati language will be your main subject of specialization, you will also have to learn Hindi literature and Language in details. This is because Mewati is a language resulting from Hindi or more specifically Sanskrit. You will learn the cultural varieties of people speaking this language. This language is slightly different than Hindi with different vowel and consonant sets. The pronunciations of the words are also different from that of Hindi. You will come to know about the nits and grits of this during the master's course.
Few universities grant admission to students on purely merit basis. Some others prefer to conduct entrance examinations of the candidates. The examination is taken on 100-200 marks. You will have questions set from the syllabus of bachelor of arts course in Hindi. If you can score around 40-45% in that entrance examination your name will come in the merit list of the universities.
- If you can complete a B.Ed. degree over this M.A. course, then You can join a school as a language teacher.
- Since Mewati language is one of the minority languages, its dictionary is not well developed yet. You can become a lexicographer and design an efficient dictionary for this language.
- You can become Hindi and Mewati content developer in Hindi print media. If you complete a one year diploma course in mass communication, then you can also serve as a field journalist for the same media.
M.A Mewati Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for M.A Mewati for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering M.A Mewati courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for M.A Mewati