People who are aspiring to be lawyers or legal assistants for various private companies must enroll in this course to have a deep and practical knowledge in business law consultancy. This course will help you know more about human rights and government administrative procedures. This means you will not be ready to join private firms,but will also make it in government sectors.
Overview of this course
You can pursue this course either in distance mode or in regular mode. In either case this course is of 2 years duration. The extra advantage that you can avail in a distance mode course is that you can join as a part time intern in some legal firm and practice law. This way you will gain knowledge and work experience side by side. You have 4 semesters to complete, and at the end of each you will have to sit for a performance evaluation examination.
- First of all you must be a graduate in law, that is, you must be an L.L.B. Most of the universities do not consider candidates from other streams to take admission in L.L.M.
- The candidate must also possess a minimum of 55% in the aggregate of the graduation. If any candidate applying for this course belongs to the reserved category, then there is a relaxation of 5%.
You can opt for higher studies after passing out L.L.M. Of the various options available like, pursuing MBA or M.S. or others, I would suggest M.Phil. course.
M.Phil. is a research oriented course of 2 years duration. After you complete this course you can join as a research assistant in abroad countries. You will have to continue your research under a research guide provided by the university. At the end of the 2 years you will have to publish your thesis. This thesis will bring you a lot of points from the interviewer while appearing for a job interview.
Future job prospects
- As already mentioned, having completed an M.Phil. course after the L.L.M. you will not have to look back. You will be able to join in the research and development laboratories all over the world.
- An L.L.M. candidate can also join any private consultancy firms as their private attorney.
- You can become a government lawyer and then later a judge, provided the government bar council advertises for vacancies.
- There are other options like the position of statutory compliance executive or industry relations executive after L.L.M.
LL.M Labour Laws Admissions for 2020 - 2021 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for LL.M Labour Laws for the academic year 2020 - 2021? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering LL.M Labour Laws courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for LL.M Labour Laws