Institute of Cost and works accountants of India is abbreviated as ICWA which offers the course known as “CWA Course". It is also known as CMA course (Cost Management Accounting course). This course has 3 different stages- CWA Foundation, CWA intermediate and CWA final
. Among these, the CWA intermediate is also known as CWA Executive and CWA Final also known as CWA Professional.
10th passed candidate from recognized board can register for this course. A 12th passed student or a Diploma holder in commerce recognized by all India council of technical education are also eligible for this course.
The duration is separate for all the three stages as mentioned below-
- Foundation: The duration of this course is eight months minimum
- Intermediate: The duration of this course is ten months minimum
- Final: The duration of this course is eighteen months minimum
The course content is designed and divided into 3 stages as mentioned above. Among them the basic topics like Fundamentals of Accounting, Fundamentals of Laws & Ethics, Fundamentals of Economics & Management, etc are included in Foundation part.
Topics like Direct – Indirect Taxation, Cost and Management Accountancy, etc are included in Intermediate part.
The last part includes study of topics like Advanced Financial Management, Tax Management & Practice, Corporate Laws & Compliance, etc.
Details about Regional Offices for ICWA Admission
It has 4 centers-
- Mumbai- It covers Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Union territories- Nagar haveli, Dadra and Daman Diu. The address for communication is- “Western India Regional Council, “Rohit Chambers", 4th floor, Janmabhoomi Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400001." For details, candidates can follow the website “www.icwai-wirc.org".
- Chennai-This region covers Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Pondicherry and a Union territory- Lakshadweep. The address for communication is “Southern India Regional Council, 4, Montieth Lane, Egmore, Chennai – 600008". The website “www.sircoficwai.com" can be used to obtain further details.
- Kolkata-It includes Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Jharkhand, Meghalaya, Mizoram, West Bengal, Nagaland, Tripura, Orissa, Sikkim, The Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Foreign Countries. The address for communication is “Eastern India Regional Council, 84, Harish Mukherjee Road, Kolkata – 700025
- New Delhi- The areas covered under this city are Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttaranchal, Uttar Pradesh and a Union Territory- Chandigarh. The address for communication is “Northern India Regional Council, 3, Institutional ares, lodi road, New Delhi – 110003.
Certification CWA/ICWA Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Certification CWA/ICWA for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Certification CWA/ICWA courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Certification CWA/ICWA