After you have passed your graduation in medical sciences or any related genre, you must be looking for an advanced diploma course on healthcare and human awareness. An ideal course to suffice both the premises is a course on Tobacco Control. This course is a postgraduate diploma and would help you learn about the various forms of tobacco consumption, its social and health-wise consequences and the various methods and trends endorsed to overcome them. At the end of this one year course, you have to submit a full length project on what you learned during the course what more can you contribute from your side.
You should be a graduate to apply to this course. Most universities prefer candidates from MBBS, paramedical, dental or psychology courses. Some institutes also allow students from other branches of science to apply to this course. No cutoff is set for the graduation marks.
Further details about this course
This course can be pursued both in India and abroad. In many abroad countries tobacco consumption is a problem of serious concern. Hence people having expertise in tobacco control is of a high demand in such countries. In India you can pursue this course in regular or distance education universities. In either case the course duration is 1 year. Regular course has one advantage over distance mode, which is, you can get internship jobs in the same college or institute where you are pursuing this course.
- After this course, if you wish to pursue a career in general surgery, then you can prepare for an FRCS or Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeon's entrance examination in India or abroad. By virtue of this qualification you can become a professional surgeon in the United Kingdom. No other entrance examination will be necessary in that case.
- You can study a one year diploma course in accidental emerge. The candidates for such a course must possess an MBBS degree.
Jobs available in the future
- You can become an intern in the medical institute you are studying in. You will get a practical experience of diagnosing and healing patients with tobacco problems.
- You can also become clinical psychologists in tobacco rehabilitation institutes. You will have to guide patients with severe tobacco addictions out of this problem.
- You can join the tobacco research institutes as their research or technical assistants.
- You can become a surgeon after completing FRCS and treat cancer patients related to tobacco consumption.
Diploma Health Science in Tobacco Control Admissions for 2023 - 2024 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for Diploma Health Science in Tobacco Control for the academic year 2023 - 2024? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering Diploma Health Science in Tobacco Control courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for Diploma Health Science in Tobacco Control