About B.Sc. Psychology Course
It is an undergraduate Psychology course. In this course, the candidates study the mind, behavior and mental conditions of a human being. The B.Sc Psychology degree course involves study of mind processes, reactions, motives, feelings, crisis management, conflict resolution, motivation, group think and nature of mind.
- To get admission in B.Sc Psychology course, one needs a pass certificate in Higher Secondary or 10+2 class or any equivalent examination in any stream.
- A minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 is demanded by some colleges and institutes as a qualifying criteria to get admission into B.Sc Psychology course.
- Selection to this degree course is based on the marks secured by the candidates in the final merit list i.e. total marks obtained in the final exam and the entrance exam.
The duration of B.Sc Psychology course is about 3 years and the syllabus is divided into six semesters.
B.Sc. Psychology Course Suitability
- Candidates should have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to work and have patience to deal with all kinds of people and age groups is a must for this degree course.
- One should have genuine interest to study different types of people and their behaviour and have empathy towards their problems and needs.
- They should be caring and sensitive and also have the ability to understand people of different backgrounds and upbringing.
- Those candidates who want to become lecturer or professor in a college or university after their Master's degree are also suitable for this course.
How is B.Sc Psychology course useful
- B.Sc Psychology course serves as a basis for higher studies such as M.Sc, PhD. And M.Phil. degree. After completion of the course, one becomes eligible for the post of a lecturer or a professor in degree colleges and universities.
- The greatest scope after doing B.Sc. Psychology is that one can get a better chance to qualify the Indian Civil Services exams.
- Nowadays, law schools are a common destination for recent graduates in Psychology.
Candidates who obtain B.Sc. degree in Psychology may pursue entry level positions in mental health facilities or in government organizations. For jobs as professional psychologists, candidates will have to obtain further education and degrees. There are many colleges and institutes in the country that provide admission to this degree course.
B.Sc. Psychology Admissions for 2024 - 2025 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.Sc. Psychology for the academic year 2024 - 2025? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.Sc. Psychology courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.Sc. Psychology