B.A Marathi is an undergraduate linguistic course with specialization in Marathi language. The course deals with all the details about Marathi language. Candidates learn about Marathi language, famous literature, its origin, history, evolution and many more. The candidates learn about the life history and biography of famous Marathi writers and poets. This course can be pursued as regular or as a distance learning or correspondence course and it is completely theoretical in nature.
- The basic eligibility criteria of B.A Marathi course is a pass degree in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 from a recognized school, college or university.
- Priority in admission is given to those students who have good knowledge of Marathi language.
- Those who have done Certification / Diploma in Marathi after 10th are also eligible for this course.
- The minimum qualifying marks may vary and ranges between 50-55% for most of the institutes.
- Anyone can pursue this course whenever he / she like as there is no such age restriction criteria for pursuing this course.
The minimum duration for pursuing B.A Marathi course is about 3 years which is divided into six semesters with each semester lasting for a period of six months. Candidates need to pass in each semester so as to get a degree certificate after completion of the course.
Interested candidates need to obtain the prospectus and admission form from the respective college's or institute's office and then submit the dully filled and completed application form with all the other required documents on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria carefully before submitting their application form. Some institutes also conduct an entrance examination for providing admission to their degree colleges.
Further study options
After completion of B.A Marathi course, candidates can go for Master's, M.Phil and then for PhD. Candidates willing to go for teaching field can also pursue B.Ed Degree.
There are various jobs for a Marathi graduate. They can work as a teacher, professor or lecturer for Marathi subject either in private or Government sector schools, colleges or universities. They can work as a translator, a journalist for Marathi magazines and News papers, media, radio, T.V. Industries, etc.
They can also become Freelancer writers. They can also start their own tution classes or coaching centers in Marathi language.
B.A. Marathi Admissions for 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Are you looking for admissions for B.A. Marathi for the academic year 2021 - 2022? We can connect you with the right colleges and universities offering B.A. Marathi courses in your preferred locations. Apply Now for B.A. Marathi