In order to keep the general public well informed we use the report writing. For writing a good report, keep the following facts in mind.
1. On the top, if possible, we must provide a precise and can use heading to the report.
2. Write place, date and other details like:
(i) From our own correspondent.
(ii) From Times of India News Service.
(iii) From Rohit Mian etc.
3. If possible, the reporter should contact the affected persons in order to get the first hand information facts.
4. Eye-witnesses should be directly contacted in order to deduce the truth.
5. Authorities can also be contacted to get the true picture of the incident.
6. The details should be presented logically and with authentic facts.
7. The language should be lucid, simple and with meaningful facts.
Generally we find three types of reports-
1. Reports for Newspapers/Magazines.
2. Reporting Events.
3. Reports on Miscellaneous topics.
By our Staff Reporter
New Delhi: October, 2. The night watchman revealed that he saw the
A very devastating fire broke out yesterday in Sadar Bazar in the early hours of the morning.The night watchman revealed that he saw the rays of smoke from the garment shop. Very soon it spread like a wild fire in the market. He ran to ring up the fire-brigade and the police. People came up from the neighboring streets with the buckets of water. They threw water on the flames but it was not possible to extinguish it. Soon the fire-brigade arrived and it took three hours to control the fire. At least fifteen shops were gutted and the damage estimated was more than ten crore. It is believed that the fire started due to some short circuit. The owners of the shops were weeping bitterly over their irreparable loss. But God be thanked that there was no loss of life. The government has ordered a police inquiry.