It's a crying shame - This idiom is used when one sees something which is actually wrong, according to him/her. In simple words, we can say that we use this phrase (idiomatic phrase) when we see something is not right.
Lets have a glance on the sample usages.
1. It's a crying shame that he did not get a chance to sing on the stage, even when, people wanted to hear him.
2. My brother is a really intelligent boy, but mother keeps telling him to concentrate on scoring, its a crying shame.
3. When all the team work was indulged into the success, and only one takes the credit, it's nothing but a crying shame.
4. Politicians are not supposed to take bribe, but they do it, it is a crying shame according to me.
5. It is a crying shame that despite of having so many cloth bags, we tend to use plastics.