Cut and Run - When you try to see what it actually means, 'cut and run' is a very pretty easy idiom to be reasoned out. One can easy know what it actually means if tried to understand. It simply means to avoid a situation of trouble or something similar as a trouble. Have a look on the sample usages.
1. Why not cut and run, it looks as if we are going to be hit hard by those people.
2. He simply cut and run, in order to let the teacher not notice him.
3. Raman simply cuts and runs whenever the English periods comes, he is pretty confused about this subject.
4. He cuts and runs every time his boss asks him the report of the project, or he simply asks for a bit more time.
5. Those bun sellers cut a run very easily, when we went there to ask for the coins which we had left with them by mistake, such a fine theft they made.