Make do and mend - It means to compromise with the old products only, by going on mending them and repairing them until it finally gets for no use. It means to compromise with the old products only rather than extending the expenditure and spending money for a new product.
1. She wore that dress for 3 years, what a make do and mend.
2. Manoj never buys a new pen, until it breaks, he is just like make do and mend.
3. We never bought new clothes until they tore off, we had to make do and mend.
4. Why not use the old mobile phones only, rather than buy the new ones, its just a matter of spending the money ruthlessly, lets make do and mend.
5. I have been using my computer for 6 years, just replacing whatever was corrupted, I have just come doing like make do and mend.