A conditional sentence involves the use of conditional expressions. The circumstances in the conditional are connected by certain linkers. These linkers include if, only if, unless, when.
There are certain patterns that are followed while constructing a conditional sentence. Some important patterns are written below.
1. Action in the simple future + if + circumstance
2. If + circumstance + action in simple future
3. Action in present form + if + circumstance
4. Action in present form + if + circumstance in negative form
5. Action in present form + when + circumstance
6. When + circumstance + action in present form
1. The students will perform better in next month's exam if they start their preparations from now.
2. If current flow through a conductor, it will produce magnetic field around it.
3. White fumes are observed if you mix reactants A and B together in a beaker.
4. A body is said to be rigid if it is not deformed under the action of external forces.
5. A phone stops functioning when you remove its battery out of it.
6. When a body moves in a circular path, it is subjected to a force acting towards the centre.