A seminar or a symposium or a conference or even a general meeting have one or more speakers. Many a times, the speaker(s), really wonder whether they have conveyed the message right. The speaker(s) might also want to know whether the audience liked the way the speech was presented.
It will be a good gesture to send a letter of praise to the speaker(s). The letter should be a sincere positive feed back.
The letter should have the following:
1. Introducing self
2. A brief note about the date of the speech
3. Praise or appreciation
Some sentences that could be used in the letter to start or to end the letter:
1. I/We enjoyed the lecture/speech you gave at the seminar last week (or the specific date).
2. I appreciated the speech on **** topic you gave last month.
3. The speech you gave on XYZ topic was so relevant to our current social situation.
4. It was so kind of you to have given your time and accepted our invitation to give a speech on ABC topic inspite of your busy schedule.
5. Your seminar presentation was too good.
6. It was a sudden surprise for all of us when you gave a speech on XYZ topic
7. Your presentation in the group discussion turned the entire table around and it gave (y)our team the win.
8. Thanks for the comments you gave on ****day about my presentation.
Highlighting the particular part of the speech that impressed you the most, will give more emphasis to the letter.
Complimenting the speech like:
1. We have already started implementing some of your suggestions.
2. Your speech gave a new insight to the topic of discussion
3. The points you gave in that meeting were highly useful and helpful
will announce how well, the speech have been followed.
I hereby introduce myself as ABC, a student of Sociology in XYZ college. I attended the seminar on Social Awareness in students along with my classmates on the 8th of this month. Your speech gave us a new insight about the various issues that students like us can handle and how to make use of the resources available at hand.
We have started following some of your suggestions and have got good results. At this outset, on behalf of all of my friends, I would like to thank you and the organizers for giving us an opportunity to listen to your speech. Hoping to get more of guidance in this regard.