Historic is an adjective.
Meanings: significant; momentous; notable; famous; remarkable; extraordinary.
- Antonym is insignificant.
Historical is an adjective.
Meanings: past; chronological
Examples of Historic:
1. It was a historic moment when India Study Channel was listed in the top ten sites of the Alexa rankings.
2. Each and every historic moment of the town’s sportspersons were neatly recorded in the local library’s computer database.
Examples of Historical:
1. Historical records revealed that the caves had been in existence much before the previous Century.
2. The film’s story was set in the time of the Mughals and hence required detailed historical research of that era.