Set as a verb means: put; place; deposit; lay down; position; establish; fix; decide; arrange.
- Antonym: pick up; change
Set as a noun means: collection; group; arrangement; series.
- Antonym: individual
Sit is a verb. Meanings: take a seat; be seated; park yourself; take the weight off your feet; rest.
Examples of Set as a verb:
1. Harsha's mother arranged the cake and snacks around the table for her daughter's birthday party.
2. Sunil set down the dumbbells after a ten-minute workout.
Examples of Set as a noun:
1. Shirin decided to gift a set of colourful tea coasters to her aunt.
2. The entire set of books was ruined by the water seepage.
Examples of Sit:
1. The teacher furiously banged the ruler on the desk to induce the students to sit down.
2. After digging for nearly an hour, the archeologist decided to sit awhile and rest his feet.