The words accident and inncident are not pronounced in the same manner at all, but are still confused as they sound similar.
The word accident is a noun.
Meanings: mishap; misfortune; calamity; disaster. It generally refers to something that happens suddenly and unexpectedly.
The word incident is a noun.
Meanings: event; occurrence; occasion; happening; episode.
Examples of accident:
1. When the goalkeeper bumped into the player, it was clearly by accident and could not be considered as a foul.
2. The evening news reported the details of the accident which occurred on the highway.
3. The photographers rushed to the scene of the train accident.
Examples of incident:
1. Some people believe that a strange incident can occur on the night of a full moon.
2. The policeman noted the date and time of the incident when the theft took place.
3. The reporter found the incident at the sports venue very interesting and decided to write a feature centered on it.